Download: Top 1000 US Companies – Excel file with the Russell 1000 companies data
Browse, filter, and use data easily on the Top 1000 companies listed in the United States, constituents of the Russell 1000 index.
This Excel file contains 2 actionable spreadsheets:
1. The main list of Russell 1000 companies Excel spreadsheet contains all the key data on each company. These top 1000 largest public listed companies by market capitalization in the United States, constituents of the Russell 1000 Index, are detailed with extensive business, market, financial, and digital information.
The entire Russell 1000 companies list, and their related data, can easily be browsed and filtered according to your specific purposes: grouping by sectors/industries, ranking by market capitalization, sorting websites, etc.
This main spreadsheet contains information on the Russell 1000 companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market by market capitalization and their related data. Twelve companies are referenced twice in this spreadsheet as they have two types of shares listed, namely Brown Forman Inc, Discovery Inc., Fox Corporation, Liberty Formula 1, Alphabet Inc (Google), HEICO, Liberty Broadband, Lennar, Lionsgate, Liberty Sirius XM, News Corp., Under Armour, and Zillow Group.
2. The new, extra spreadsheet includes the stock prices of the entire Russell 1000 list for 2018 and 2019. With the prices of all Russell 1000 companies’ stock at the end of each month from December 2017 to December 2019, this second Excel spreadsheet will greatly help you assess the financial health and evolution of each company, providing new opportunities to analyze data, calculate correlations between stocks, estimate seasonality, cross analyze stocks by industry, sector, or even arbitrary batches.
Key benefits from the Top 1000 US Companies – Russell 1000 Excel Download
- Quickly browse and filter the companies’ information in a single convenient Excel file for multiple purposes, including:
- corporate benchmarking for marketing, finance, and investment
- searching and filtering companies for informed lead generation
- quickly reaching companies’ websites and online presence in bulk
- using stocks data to perform cross-stocks analysis, statistics, and machine learning for financial and investment insights
- Keep all the information readily available on your computer at any time, even offline.
- Easily use the companies’ data in other applications and programs thanks to a standard Excel file (.xls/.xlsx).
- Save tens of hours of companies’ information search, collection, and formatting in one convenient Excel file.
- Use data to boost your productivity and discover decisive insights, NOW!
To let you know exactly what the Top 1000 US Companies spreadsheet contains, you can here download a free sample. This extract of both spreadsheets includes all the data of the first 10 companies, together with the explanatory notes of the description spreadsheet. For more information about each column data, please see below.
Details of the main Russell 1000 companies list Excel spreadsheet data
Here is a presentation of all the information included in each of the 23 columns of the main “Russell 1000 Companies” XLS spreadsheet. This detailed data can be sorted and filtered according to each column with a filter button present in the right of the columns headings cells.
All data included in the main spreadsheet are updated as of October 10, 2020.
Official company name. In these cells (one for each company in the Russell 1000 list) are also detailed the types of shares listed for companies listed with dual securities.
Main sector of the company.
Main industry of the company.
▪ Products & Services
Main products and/or services of the company, when available.
URL of the company’s main corporate website with a direct link.
Total number of employees in the company, when available.
▪ Market Cap.
Market capitalization of the company in Million US $, as of effective close on Friday, October 9, 2020. Companies with two securities quoted may present a discrepancy between their valuation according to each security.
Location of the company’s main headquarters with the city and state for companies based in the US, and the city and country for companies headquartered abroad.
Year of the foundation of the company, and age of the company, when available. Some companies have another year in parenthesis: the main year then marks the founding of this daughter company while the year of the founding of the mother company is displayed in parenthesis.
Company’s founder(s), when available.
▪ Key People
Leaders of the company with their title, when available.
Stock ticker of the company. Companies with two stocks included in the Russell 1000 index have two different tickers, one for each class of stock.
▪ Stock Exchange
Main American stock exchange where the company is listed, New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) or NASDAQ. Remark that the CBOE Global Markets manages its own stock listing, with stock information link to its own website.
▪ Stock info
URL of the company’s security information with direct link to the website of the stock exchange on which it is listed: New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), Nasdaq, or CBOE for Cboe Global Markets.
Key indices in which the company’s stock is included:
-US indices: Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), NASDAQ-100, and S&P 500
-Oher indices: DAX (Germany), S&P/ASX 200 (Australia)
A company’s stock may be included in multiple indices.
▪ Dual Listings
Other stock exchanges where the company’s stock is also listed. Stock exchanges are references with their 3/4 identifying letters, together with the stock’s ticker in this exchange.
▪ Net income
Latest net income result of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
▪ Operating income
Latest operating income result of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
Latest revenue result of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
▪ Total assets
Latest figure for total assets of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
▪ Total equity
Latest figure for total equity of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
▪ Wikipedia URL
URL with direct link to the company’s main page on Wikipedia.
Succinct description of the company’s activities, retrieved from the introduction of the main Wikipedia page of the company.
For a complete preview, download the free spreadsheet sample.
Download technical details
- Type: Excel file (.xlsx)
- Size: 990 Ko
- Spreadsheets: 3
- 1 sheet containing the Russell 1000 Companies 2020 information with filters
- 1 sheet containing the Russell 1000 Companies stock prices at the end of each month of 2018 to October 2020 with filters
- 1 sheet with the detailed description of the data included in the 2 other spreadsheets
- Author/Editor: Disfold