Download: Top 2000 Small-Cap US Companies – Excel file with the Russell 2000 companies data
Browse, filter, and use data easily on the Top 2000 Small-Cap companies listed in the United States, constituents of the Russell 2000 index.
This Excel file contains 2 actionable spreadsheets:
1. The main list of Russell 2000 companies Excel spreadsheet contains all the key data on each company. These top 2000 public listed companies with smaller market capitalizations in the United States, constituents of the Russell 2000 Index, are detailed with extensive business, market, financial, and digital information.
The entire Russell 2000 companies list, and their related data, can easily be browsed and filtered according to your specific purposes: grouping by sectors/industries, ranking by market capitalization, sorting websites, etc.
This main spreadsheet contains information on the Russell 2000 companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market and their related data.
2. The second spreadsheet includes the stock prices of the entire Russell 2000 index list for 2018, 2019, and 2020. With the prices of all Russell 2000 companies’ stock at the end of each month from December 2017 to December 2020, this second Excel spreadsheet will greatly help you assess the financial health and evolution of each company, providing new opportunities to analyze data, calculate correlations between stocks, estimate seasonality, cross analyze stocks by industry, sector, or even arbitrary batches.
Key benefits from the Top 2000 Small-Cap US Companies – Russell 2000 Excel Download
- Quickly browse and filter the companies’ information in a single convenient Excel file for multiple purposes, including:
- corporate benchmarking for marketing, finance, and investment
- searching and filtering companies for informed lead generation
- quickly reaching companies’ websites and online presence in bulk
- using stocks data to perform cross-stocks analysis, statistics, and machine learning for financial and investment insights
- Keep all the information readily available on your computer at any time, even offline.
- Easily use the companies’ data in other applications and programs thanks to a standard Excel file (.xls/.xlsx).
- Save tens of hours of companies’ information search, collection, and formatting in one convenient Excel file.
- Use data to boost your productivity and discover decisive insights, NOW!
Dave Mayer – Financial Analyst
To let you know exactly what the Top 2000 Small-Cap US Companies spreadsheet contains, you can here download a free sample. This extract of both spreadsheets includes all the data of the first 10 companies, together with the explanatory notes of the description spreadsheet. For more information about each column data, please see below.
Check our new 2021 downloads regrouping lots of business, market, financial and digital data on the largest public listed companies in America.
Details of the main Russell 2000 companies list Excel spreadsheet data
Here is a presentation of all the information included in each of the 39 columns of the main Russell 2000 Companies XLS spreadsheet. This detailed data can be sorted and filtered according to each column with a filter button present in the right of the columns’ headings cells.
All data included in the main spreadsheet are updated as of January 29, 2021
Official company name. Certain companies are included multiple times when they have multiple securities listed on US stock exchanges.
Stock ticker of the company. Companies with multiple stocks listed also have multiple, different tickers, one for each kind of stock.
Main economic sector of the company.
Main industry of the company.
Country of the main headquarter of the company. Some companies headquartered abroad have stocks listed on US stock exchanges and are therefore included in this document.
City of the main headquarter of the company.
State code of the main headquarter of the company when they are headquartered in the United States. Also includes province codes for companies headquartered in Canada and Australia.
URL of the company’s main corporate website with a direct link.
▪ Market Cap.
Market capitalization of the company in US $, as of effective close on Friday, January 29, 2021. Companies with multiple securities quoted may present a discrepancy between their valuation according to each security.
▪ Products & Services
Main products and/or services of the company.
▪ Logo URL
URL with direct link to the logo of the company on Clearbit.
Date or year of the foundation of the company, and age of the company, when available. Some companies have more information included on their founding companies, renaming, key mergers, etc.
▪ Key People
Leaders of the company with their title.
Total number of full-time employees in the company.
▪ Social media profile URL with direct links (1 column per network)
▪ Security Name
Name of the listed security of the company. Companies with multiple stocks listed have different security names, usually according to the different classes of stocks available. Each security corresponds to a single ticker previously listed.
▪ Stock Market
Code of the American stock market where the security is listed, as follows:
- BATS: BATS Global Markets
- NCM: Nasdaq Capital Market
- NGM: Nasdaq Global Market
- NGS: Nasdaq Global Select
- NYAM: NYSE American
- NYSE: New York Stock Exchange
- N/A: Not available at time of creation
▪ Indices (1 column per index)
Key American indices in which the stock is included. Multiple stocks from a single company are independent in their integration or not in any stock index, depending on each stock index selection criteria.
Remark: No company in the Russell 2000 is part of the Rusell 1000 index (by definition), as well as S&P 500, NASDAQ-100, or Dow Jones indices.
- Russell 1000 / Russell 2000: The Russell 1000 includes the largest 1000 companies listed and the US, and the Russell 2000 includes the 2000 following ones, often considered as Small Caps (small market capitalization), with the last definition by FTSE Russell published on 31 Dec 2020. These indices include a few companies that are not headquartered in the US (also included in the spreadsheet). The difference between the few companies that are included in the S&P 500 but not in the Russell 1000 comes from different criteria of selection by the index creators and dates of the official release of the constituents.
- Russell 3000: 3000 largest companies listed on US stock exchanges. The index, with the last definition by FTSE Russell published on 31 Dec 2020, aggregates stocks of the Russell 1000 and Russell 2000 indices.
▪ Stock info
URL of the company’s official security information with direct link to the website of the stock exchange on which it is listed.
▪ Yahoo Finance profile
URL of the company/security profile on Yahoo Finance with a direct link.
▪ Total assets
Latest figure for total assets of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
▪ Total equity
Latest figure for total equity of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
Latest revenue result of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
▪ Operating income
Latest operating income result of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
▪ Net income
Latest net income result of the company recorded on Wikipedia, with the corresponding year.
▪ Other Listings (1 column per extra listing)
Other stock exchanges and ticker of the company’s stock when it is also listed outside of the main US exchanges. Foreign stock exchanges are references with their identifying letters, together with the security’s ticker on this exchange, while over-the-counter securities are listed with OTCPink or OTCQB.
▪ Address, Zip, Phone, Fax (1 per column)
Address of the company, which sometimes includes secondary info in the column “Address (line 2)”, Zip code, Phone number, and Fax number are also mentioned, each in their own column.
▪ Wikipedia URL
URL with direct link to the company’s main page on Wikipedia.
Succinct description of the company’s activities, retrieved from the introduction of the main Wikipedia page of the company.
Notes on some companies with missing data, or special listings. These notes mostly highlight companies that have been acquired by others since the last inscription in a specific index, or certain companies that belong to an index but whose stock is traded on OTC market, or private company.
“N/A” or blank cell: data not available at the time of the creation.
For a complete preview, download the free spreadsheet sample.
Download technical details
- Type: Excel file (.xlsx)
- Size: 1.58 Mo
- Spreadsheets: 3
- 1 sheet containing the Russell 2000 Companies 2021 information with filters
- 1 sheet containing the Russell 2000 Companies stock prices at the end of each month from December 2017 to December 2020 with filters
- 1 sheet with the detailed description of the data included in the 2 other spreadsheets
- Author/Editor: Disfold